22 November 2010

So behind ... but I'll catch up!

Ok. I'm so far behind. Let's catch up:

Week 10 - Pumpkin Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

Really. They are very, very good. Especially initially. They are light for pound cake. (I know, it's irony at it's best.) And the frosting. Well, the frosting is just delicious. Make them. Make them now:

http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2009/10/pumpkin-cupcakes-with-cinnamon-brown-sugar-buttercream/

Week 11: Half of Week 11 was spent in Tampa, FL. After a SUPER 34th birthday on Wed (the 17th), Paul and I ventured to FL to celebrate our first anniversary and to run a marathon - my first, his many-th :)

Tampa is gorgeous - absolutely gorgeous! We are most definitely returning. The location of the marathon was about an hour south of Tampa, in Alafia River State Park. It was an awesome setting ... the day of the race was incredibly hot; had to pour water on my head throughout and run slower than I hoped. But, I did it. My #1 goal of 2010 is complete! Pics are not up yet online, but I will post as soon as they are :)

As for baking in Week 11, well, Week 11 and 12 will exist together for me. Caramel Apple Rolls and Dreamy Apple Pie are coming up this week. Don't they sound made for each other?! ;)

Today, I am most grateful for how God made mind and body to work together to achieve more than separately possible. And, I am very thankful that my husband trained and ran every step of the way with me in making my first marathon a dream come true. Thank you, my best friend and husband, Paul!

Be grateful. It is the most important thing you will do each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment