08 June 2010

I will not be robbed

Today I re-visited a prior adventure in life. Leading a small group.

In some ways, I was nervous. In some ways, I was excited. In some ways, I felt prepared. In some ways, I felt completely unprepared. All the above: appropriate.

I was reminded tonight of something ultra-important. That I am, and He is all.

I love how real my life is. That I am given these grace-opportunities to love and live life with others. Others on a journey. Others with which intersections might never have happened but instead, God orchestrates a beautiful symphony.

"We get robbed of the glory of life because we aren't capable of remembering how we got here." -- Donald Miller, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

I want so much for my life to count. For it to be bigger than that girl who sat to the left of me in English class in high school and predicted I would become a nun. I could still be offended. I choose not to be. Because I know the truth.

I will remember my life. At least the ones in pictures and words. Thank God for ink and letters.

I will not be robbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment