02 October 2010

14 for Fall - Week 2 - Pumpkin Cheesecake!

What a fantastic week for Cheesecake!

Today is my husband's 34th birthday (Happy Birthday, Love!) and we celebrated in many, super-great ways - including this lovely treat:

http://sugarcrafter.net/2010/09/14/pumpkin-cheesecake/#more-4898

My oldest, Lauryl, and I set about making the cake yesterday afternoon. I decided to half the recipe (like my sister - http://shortcakessweettooth.blogspot.com/2010/09/fourteen-for-fall-recipe-2.html) but cheesecake experience told me to keep the FULL recipe for the crust. Good thing too - it was just enough :) Lauryl began putting together the batter ingredients while I finished up the crust and put it in the freezer to cool. As I helped Lauryl finish making the batter, I found myself curious about the amount of pumpkin and spices. Instinctively, I kept the pumpkin at full recipe amount as well as the cinnamon. With every other ingredient, we stayed true to the halving.

Let me just say that this is a winning cheesecake! It was thoroughly enjoyed by ALL of us. During the dessert-tasting, Brendan asked his Dad if he would rate the cheesecake as insanely, wicked, or extremely good (with insane being the best). Following Paul's lead, we all settled for the insane side of good. (Hmmm, we could get philosophical with that now couldn't we?! - but that is for another post).

This is a keeper! Oh, and we loved the caramel on it - as a side note, caramel topping (like you would purchase for ice cream) is a quick and easy way to 'caramelize' your desserts ... just fyi :)

Next week's pick: Pumpkin Scones with a double frosting!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad you all enjoyed it. Hmm, I'm interested to try it again now with those changes... I'll try to remember to indicate those notes on the recipe. Thanks sis!

    ReplyDelete