02 May 2011

Strawberry Goodness

Spring = Strawberries in my world! So happy to participate in the Strawberry Baking promoted by my amazingly, creative food artist sis! (Check out her awesome blog here: http://shortcakessweettooth.blogspot.com/)

I ventured into the muffin-world for my Strawberry-themed recipe this past month. My boy asked me just tonight what my favorite fruit was and I had to respond with 'strawberry'. There are so many ways to enjoy this decadent fruit! I took a recipe recommended by my sister called Strawberry Muffins (the recipe is here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/breads/strawberry-muffins-2/).

In my usual fashion, I am not a great recipe follower (one of the many great traits I gathered from my Mom!) so some things were changed to protect the errr ... innocent- muffin-eater ;) I liked the recipe up-front but also knew I wanted to incorporate fresh berries rather preserves into the recipe. Changes I made: I used strawberry yogurt v. the vanilla yogurt as called for; and I completely left out the preserves and substituted about 2 - 2 1/2c. of fresh strawberries, folding those in last. I also doubled the recipe because I had plans to share with friends at a brunch at work! (The recipe doubled nicely). A few pics of the process along the way:





The muffins were super-moist (thanks, yogurt-y-goodness!) and tasted fresh for at least 3 days without refrigeration. I would recommend this recipe to all :) Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Now I want some strawberry muffins!! Thanks for joining in this month sis :o)

    ReplyDelete